New relationship phase is always one of the most exciting ones. You’re so eager to learn everything about your partner when you get into a relationship.
If you are in a new relationship and looking for some questions to break the ice and also learn more about your partner, read on.
I’ve been there and I know you are too. So I thought why not put some effort into creating a collection of questions that can help in the initial phase of a relationship.
The categories of questions I’ve listed below help in getting to know your partner and learn as much as possible about them that can be learned while conversing. Obviously, the more deep insights need more time together.
Relationships are all about communication, and you can communicate better with your partner once you have an idea about who they are, how they feel about certain stuff and what are their perspectives to the surroundings.
These “Get to know you” questions for new couples will help you two to learn about each other quickly and in a fun activity as well.
Some of the answers of these random get to know you questions will reveal their approach towards life and some of them will reveal the lifestyle of your partner.
After getting the answers to these questions you will have a better idea about each other and hopefully how to proceed in your new relationship.
Questions about favorites:
Asking your partner about his/her favorite things will give you a lot of the basic information about them. Questions about favorites are like:
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Which is your favorite dress?
- What’s your favorite outdoor and indoor activity?
- What’s your favorite season of the year?
- What’s your favorite time of the day?
- What’re your favorite sports to watch and to play?
- What’s your favorite writing piece?
- What’s your favorite chocolate?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What’s your favorite vegetable?
- What’s your favorite fruit?
- What’s your favorite cake?
- What’s your favorite cake?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What’s your favorite cartoon character?
- Who is your favorite hero?
- Who is your favorite poet?
- Who is your favorite person in your life?
- Who is your favorite sibling?
- Who is your favorite teacher?
Questions about personality for new Couples:
Mostly people like to talk about themselves and to share little tidbits which make them unique from the crowd.
Ask these questions from your partner and listen to the answers carefully. Be ready to answer all those questions which you have asked.
- What do you feel when your family does not approve of your decision? How do you handle this situation?
- Do you like to sing in the shower?
- Do you have hidden talents?
- Do you consider yourself an old person?
- Do you feel happy when people give you gifts?
- Do you read the horoscope? Do you take it seriously?
- If you have to wear one dress for the whole year then what it would be?
- What makes you feel happy?
- What makes you feel sad?
- Do you happy with your personality?
- Do you want to change your personality?
- Do you consider yourself selfish?
- Are you stubborn?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Are you shy? In which events you feel shy?
- What is the one thing people don’t know about you?
- What is the one thing most people like about you?
- Do you think birth month make any difference in personality?
- Can you count your steps?
- What is something I can’t guess about you?
- Do you want to be famous?
- What is the biggest achievement of your life?
- What’s your terrible memory?
- What personality trait do you like the most?
- Are you usually late or early?
- What skills would you like to master?
- What age do you want to live?
- How was your life one year ago?
- How do you relax after a hectic day?
- What is the most surprising thing you’ve had?
- What’s the best thing about you?
- Are you a morning person?
- What makes you feel more energized?
- What do you do when you get upset?
- How do you express your love?
- Are you satisfied with your life?
Recommended Read: 100 Fun Things to Do for Couples
Questions about children:
- To ask your partner about children include:
- How many kids do you want?
- What values do you want to install and see in your children?
- How will you handle your stubborn child?
- What will you do if one of our children don’t want to go to college?
- How do you feel around children?
- Where will you put your children? In a private school or a public school?
- What do you think about homeschooling?
- What’s your point of view about good parenting?
- How can we be good parents?
Questions about entertainment:
Entertainment diverts one’s attention from demanding life and amuses in leisure time. Entertainment is the enjoyable, pleasurable and best medicine.
If you know about the entertainment choices of your partner, it will strengthen your relationship and will make it easy for you two to cheer each other up.
Here are some questions about entertainment for new couples:
- Do you like traveling?
- Which is your favorite place to travel?
- How would you feel if I go on a trip with friends for a couple of weeks?
- What would you like to do if we both had a long break from work?
- What books have you read?
- What type of books you often read?
- Which books do you want to read in the future?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you like to go to parties?
- If you have to stay in a desert for a year, what would you like to take with you to stay entertained?
- What’s your favorite holiday in the year?
- Who is the most entertaining person in your life?
- What do you mostly do on weekends?
- Do you like to play video games?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Do you think entertainment can be educational?
- Do you think some types of entertainment can be harmful or bad?
- Do you know a famous person personally?
- Do you want to be a celebrity?
- Do you want to go to another planet? Why?
Fun questions for couples:
Fun is the best way to avoid boredom in any relationship. If you follow the same routine for a long time you will get bored.
Fun questions for couples will help you to kill boredom and to enjoy your time with your partner. Some fun questions are mentioned here which you can ask from your partner:
- Do you take shower only on weekends?
- Do you want to go for a hot air balloon ride?
- If I ask you to stop smoking, what will you do?
- Do you think some couples end up cheating on each other?
- Can you give up television for a month?
- Am I your addiction or love?
- Do you like to do household work?
- Would you like to spend time with me?
- Do you like it when someone stares at you?
- What will be your reaction if I beat you?
- What are the characteristics of a good partner?
- Do you judge people by their dressing?
- What if I found someone else in place of you?
- Would you let me know your Facebook Id’s password ever?
- Who was your first love?
- Do you think you are a mind reader?
- Would you like to introduce me to your friends?
- What was your first impression of me?
- Do you want to be a cartoon character? Which character?
- What are three things you can’t live without them?
- What’s the most embarrassing moment of your life?
- How many selfies do you want to take in a day?
- Do you ever talk to yourself?
- Do you delete pictures or keep them?
- Have you ever been insulted in a public place?
- If you catch a fish what would you do? Eat it or let it go?
- Do you want to drive a sports car?
- What are your concepts about love?
- What do you like about me?
- What is your last childhood memory?
- Do you have any birthmark? If yes, where it is?
- What’s the best gift you have received?
- Do you fall for a person easily?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s makes you alive?
- Do you want to be president of our country?
- Do you like history? Why?
- about dislikes:
- know about the dislikes of your partner is as important to know about the likes of your partner. If you don’t know about their dislikes then there will be more chances of conflicts in your relationship. Questions about dislikes will truly assist you to know about the dislikes of your partner. Try to avoid those things which your partner don’t like, it will increase love and care in your relationship. So the questions about dislikes for new couples are:
- What type of food you don’t want to eat?
- Which is your least favorite fruit?
- What hobbies do you want to skip at any cost?
- What’s personality traits you don’t like?
- Which is your least favorite color?
- Which season of the year you don’t like?
- Do you dislike any animal? Why?
- What matter of life you don’t want to discuss with anyone?
- Which part of your body you don’t like?
- Which part of your home you don’t like?
- Which place in the country you don’t like?
- What type of dressing do you dislike?
- What habits of a person you don’t like?
Purpose of these get to know you questions for new couples is to have fun with your partner. These questions help to learn about each other and to be better life partners for each other.